Eurasian Sub-taiga Alpine

Scattered throughout eastern-central Eurasia between the taiga forest and the central Asian deserts are a series of high elevation mountain ranges with alpine vegetation. These mountain ranges include the Altai, Sayan, Khangai and Trans-Baikal Bald Mountains. Approximately 40% of the plants in these mountain ranges are allied with arctic species, while the other 60% are more closely tied with species of the Central Asian montane regions. Peaks in these ranges can reach up to 4,500 m (14,764 ft).